Windows 8 was released by Microsoft on 2012 as an updated and enhanced version of Windows 7 with features like supporting touch screens, can function on traditional systems and more advanced systems including tabs. Many windows phone still operate on Window 8. For gaining access to windows 8 you need to have a windows 8 product key. Though with windows 10 dominating the market and more advanced operating system innovation, Microsoft has decided to discontinue Windows 8 operation fully by 2023.
Windows 8 Unique Features
Windows 8 comes with features unique to that operating system that makes it popular among people. Few of Windows 8 unique features are:-
- Windows 8 is easy to use
- It comes with Metro style
- Attractive desktop tiles
- SkyDrive integration
- Fast boot
- Split-screen application
- The updated app search function
- Live synching system
- In-built X-box gaming
- Faster and updated Internet Explorer
- Upgraded Windows Firewall
Developers developed Windows 8 as the next-generation Windows OS. Due to its interactive tiles and user-friendly interface, many users still choose Windows 8 over other Windows versions. Moreover, Windows 8 has better and appealing display, Microsoft introduced the new metro style tiled interface in Windows 8. Even Windows 10 uses the same style interface which also made the version popular and most successful.
How to Install Windows 8
Users who are using Windows 7 on their computer, can easily upgrade the to Windows 8. Only when the windows 7 is a genuine and original version. If you can’t upgrade it to Windows 8, then, you need have to purchase the Windows 8 copy and license, the Windows 8 Pro activation key will come along with the receipt. Usually the windows 8 product key comes printed on the receipt.
To upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8 Professional, follow these steps-
- Open and run the Windows Upgrade Assistant on your computer
- It will help the upgrade assistant to determine your computer’s hardware
- If the system meets the minimum system requirements, wizard will ask you to download the updated files
- The process will take some moments to download and install the files on your computer.
In case the upgrade process fails, perform the following-
- Sign in to your Microsoft account and purchase Windows 8 installation package
- Install the product on your PC
- Activate the product using the product key you got during purchase
- You can buy a computer with Windows 8 preinstalled
- Collect a free Windows 8 copy and activate it using a free Windows 8 activation key.
Windows 8 Product Key
If you are using Windows 8 on your computer and yet to activate the subscription.then you have to use a windows 8 product key. A serial key is important because it gives you access to so many features and functions of windows. The Windows 8 product key looks like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX which comes with the DVD or purchased receipt in your email.
In case you are unable to find your product key, you can use the Windows key finder program. It will help you retrieve the lost Windows product key.
Here we have provided some working Windows 8 product keys that will help you activate your Windows for free. It can be Windows 8 Professional or Windows 8 Ultimate, these keys are 100% reliable.
Windows 8 Product Keys for Free
How to Activate Windows With a Free Serial Key?
- Open Properties: First, find My Computer and then right-click on it
- Search for the Windows Activate Now option and here you have to enter the 25-character code
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- You can use the serial number you have purchased from your retailer or from the online store. Or you can select one of the product keys we have listed here.
- After activating your Windows, restart your computer.
All of the Windows keys given here are effective and working. However, they won’t be in use after already being used once.You come back again to find new working keys.Database is updated on a regular basis, so, you will find different product keys often.
Activate Windows Without a Product Key
If you have not purchased a product key, or the above mentioned keys don’t work, these steps will be helpful:-
- Go to http://bit.ly/windows8txt
- Here you will find an unique code. Copy the code and paste it in the notepad
- Then go to File and save the document and rename it as “Windows8.cmd”
- Click on the newly saved file and run it as administrator
What If I Don’t Get a Windows 8 Product Key?
If you are really looking to install Windows 8 on your computer, you will definitely need a genuine Windows product key. You can install the product on your computer but without a valid Windows product key, you won’t be able to activate is; so it is a waste effort.
Sometimes users also use Windows with a generic key and that does not involve activating the product. But, it has its own limitation that is you cannot get access to most of the Windows 8 features.
There is various software available on the internet that help you generate free working Windows product keys. Such software is EZ-activator that produces genuine and working Product keys.
How can I activate my Windows 8 for free? You can activate Windows 8 for free only if you already have licensed Windows 7 which you can upgrade to Windows 8 by installing it from Microsoft and using your old product key. However if you don’t have a licensed Windows 7, you can search for free product keys online. However this method is illegitimate and you can get in legal trouble for this sometimes.
How can I get my Windows 8 activation key? You will get your Windows 8 activation key once you purchase the Windows 8 software from Microsoft or from an authorised local retailer. If you buy it from Microsoft the activation key will be mailed to you as soon as you install the Windows in your device. Whereas the activation key will be embedded in BIOS form which means that your system will automatically detect the activation key when you install it in your computer, if you buy it from a local retailer.
If you are upgrading it from an older version of Windows and lost the activation key for that you can contact Microsoft to get the activation code.
How can I recover my Windows 8 product key from BIOS? If you buy Windows 8 from a retailer now you will get windows 8 product key in embedded in BIOS which means that there will be no sticker having activation key. When you install it in your system, the computer will automatically detect the activation windows 8 product key and you won’t need to enter it manually. This is done to prevent piracy and loss of activation key because of wear and tear of sticker.
However, if you install the Windows 8 for some reason and want to install it again without using your box you will either need to use a third party software to retrieve the key or you can contact Microsoft team for assistance so that you will be able to get windows 8 product key.
Is Windows 8 still available? No, Windows 8 is unavailable since 2019 for downloading or upgrading system. You can still use Windows 8 if you have it installed in your computer but you won’t receive any updates. You can upgrade it to other advanced Windows for free if you have a legitimate copy of Windows 8 by selecting ‘upgrade windows’ from the store and choosing from available options. Windows 8 will be completely shut by 2023
How Can I Activate Windows 8 Without the Internet?
- Open Run window by pressing windows button and R together on key board
- Type ‘slui 4’ in the window and press enter
- A phone activation window will open. Select the country from where you registered your license
- Dial the number which shows up on your screen and type in your installation id when asked.
- Follow further instructions and complete the process
Read More 6 Easy Ways to Install Exodus Kodi Add-On