Small chip. Giant leap
Packed with an astonishing 16 billion transistors, the Apple M1 system on a chip (SoC) integrates the CPU, GPU, Neural Engine, I/O and so much more onto a single tiny chip.
Speed and responsiveness
The Apple M1 chip and macOS Big Sur work together to make the entire system snappier. The Apple MacBook Air wakes instantly from sleep. Everyday tasks from flipping through photos to browsing Safari are faster. And your hardest‑working apps all have access to the power they need.
Biggest collection of apps
Run powerful apps built for the Apple M1. All your existing apps work thanks to Rosetta 2. You can use your favourite Apple iPhone and Apple iPad apps directly on macOS Big Sur. Altogether you’ll have access to the biggest collection of apps for Mac.
Images take on new levels of detail and realism on the brilliant 13.3‑inch, 2560×1600-resolution Retina display. Text is sharp and clear. Colours are more vibrant than ever. And the glass goes right to the edge of the enclosure, so nothing takes away from your gorgeous view.
True Tone technology
The Apple MacBook Air automatically adjusts the white point of your display to the colour temperature of your environment for a more natural viewing experience.
Camera and mics
The image signal processor in the Apple M1 chip helps you look your best for every FaceTime call and video conference. Three built‑in microphones make sure what you say gets heard whether you’re on a call, dictating a note or asking Siri about the weather.
FaceTime HD camera
Get clearer, sharper images. See more detail in shadows and highlights. And face detection uses the Neural Engine to adjust white balance and exposure for even more natural-looking skin tones.
When a keyboard types like a dream and still does a whole lot more: that’s magic. With pre-programmed shortcuts, useful features are even easier to access. Get help from Siri, switch keyboard languages, respond with the perfect emoji, find documents with Spotlight there’s so much you can do with just a tap. And the backlit keys with ambient light sensor help you type in low‑light settings.
One touch is all it takes to lock or unlock The Apple MacBook Air. Use your fingerprint to rent a movie, buy an app, or access things like secure documents or system settings without having to re-enter your password. And when you shop online with Apple Pay, Touch ID fills in your shipping and billing information without sharing your card details.
The next generation of Wi‑Fi isn’t just faster it keeps the Apple MacBook Air going strong even as more and more devices join the network.
Thunderbolt / USB 4
Ultra‑high bandwidth meets ultra‑versatility. Thunderbolt enables data transfer, charging and video output all through a single port and the Apple MacBook Air has two of them.
- Apple M1 chip processor
- 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 7-core GPU
- 8 GB RAM
- 256GB SSD
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology
- 2560x1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colours
- Supported scaled resolutions - 1680x1050, 1440x900, 1024x640
- 400 nits brightness
- Wide colour (P3)
- True Tone technology
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colours
- One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Dolby Atmos playback
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Input Devices
- 78 (US) or 79 (ISO) keys including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys in an inverted "T" arrangement
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing and Multi-Touch gestures
- 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Touch ID sensor
- 1.61 x 30.41 x 21.24 cm
- 1.29 kg